Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the Website or Service, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Pressfolios, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website and the Service are available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1) Your Pressfolios.com Account and Site. If you create a site using the Pressfolios Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and site, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with your site. You must not describe or assign keywords to your site in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Pressfolios may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Pressfolios liability. You must immediately notify Pressfolios of any unauthorized uses of your site, your account or any other breaches of security. Pressfolios will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
2) Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a site through Pressfolios, post material to your site, post links on your site, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of your site (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your site is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your site is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your site’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Pressfolios or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Pressfolios for inclusion on your site, you grant Pressfolios a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your site. If you delete Content, Pressfolios will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the site, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Pressfolios has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Pressfolios’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Pressfolios’s reasonable opinion, violates any Pressfolios policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Pressfolios’s sole discretion. Pressfolios will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
3) Payment and Renewal. - General Terms. Optional paid services such as extra storage and hosting are available on the Website (any such services, an “Upgrade”). By selecting an Upgrade you agree to pay Pressfolios the monthly subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly subscription period as indicated. Upgrade fees are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal. Unless you notify Pressfolios before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Upgrade, your Upgrade subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable monthly subscription fee for such Upgrade (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time in the Upgrades section of your site’s dashboard.
4) Responsibility of Visitors of Individual Sites Hosted by Pressfolios. Pressfolios has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to individual sites hosted by Pressfolios, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Pressfolios does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Individual sites hosted by Pressfolios may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Individual sites hosted by Pressfolios may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Pressfolios disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of individual sites hosted by Pressfolios, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
5) Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Pressfolios.com or individual sites hosted by Pressfolios links, and that link to Pressfolios.com or individual sites hosted by Pressfolios. Pressfolios does not have any control over those non-Pressfolios websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Pressfolios website or webpage, Pressfolios does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Pressfolios disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Pressfolios websites and webpages.
6) Copyright Infringement. As Pressfolios asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Pressfolios.com or any individual sites hosted by Pressfolios violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Pressfolios by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pressfolios will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Pressfolios will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Pressfolios or others. In the case of such termination, Pressfolios will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Pressfolios.
7) Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Pressfolios to you any Pressfolios or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Pressfolios. Your use of the Website or Service grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Pressfolios or third-party trademarks, servicemarks graphics or logos.
8) Changes. Pressfolios reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Pressfolios may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
9) Termination. Pressfolios may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Pressfolios account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
10) Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Pressfolios and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Pressfolios nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
11) Limitation of Liability. In no event will Pressfolios, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Pressfolios under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Pressfolios shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
13) Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Pressfolios, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
14) Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Pressfolios and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Pressfolios, or by the posting by Pressfolios of a revised version.